Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thoughts and Reactions

For a LONG time now I've wondered why I look to Facebook to tell me about other people's lives or express how I feel. I can't even really tell how I feel because certain people can see what I write or will be annoyed by my complaining comment. SO why do I even bother having such an account? Is it really to stay connected with people?

NO, not really. If I REALLY wanted to stay connected I would call, e-mail, write, or visit people.

It's so I can see what other people think. Watch their reactions. See pictures of their "life". I am one of the first people to say that pictures tell amazing things about a situation but I don't believe that they always potray real life. How many people post pictures of their dirty dishes, pilling laundry, garbage bins filled to the rim, cranky faces during an argument with your spouse, toilet paper rolls left empty on the holder, no milk in the fridge, the hair clogged in the drain, the amount of money in your bank account, or the look on your face when someone made you mad at work today.

Those things are real life...I don't see pictures like THAT on Facebook. And do I show "real life" in the 33 albums I have on Facebook. NO and YES. Those are the things I like to think of when I think of my life. Those are the things I want other people to see when they look at my life.

But yet it still doesn't feel real...and I check for updates, newsfeeds, gossip, happiness, frustration, pictures, and love notes EVERYDAY.

That makes me sad. What am I going to do about it?

No comments: