Sunday, October 17, 2010

Ramblings of a Lonely Cook

My husband has worked over 40 hours in the last 3 days so needless to say I MISS HIM! Despite my lonely for Joely heart I've been keeping myself busy in my kitchen...







I love spending time in my little but oh so fun kitchen. It might just be my favorite room in our place.

What's your favorite room to spend time in?

I also have wanted to share a fun project I worked on last week! For over a year I have been looking for a King size headboard for our bed. We are on a restricted budget and I just don't want to spend a lot on something that I know I'll want to change later.

So...I purchased fabric and padding months ago but had waited for the perfect framing to use for the headboard. While at the thrift store with my sister a few weekends ago I found the most hideous covered headboard frame that someone had made. There was no price on it so I asked and he wrote $2.95. Perfect! That's doable with my budget ;-)

My sister and I took it home and ripped off all the ugly fabric.


Spent an hour trying to figure out the staple gun. (Stupid directions that were written wrong!) The next day after church I went and asked the Hank Hardware man what the deal was with the staple gun...he showed me the error of the directions ways and I was ready to create my new headboard.

Here is my finished product! All for about $17 total.

Those are projects that I LOVE.





What projects are you proud of?

Oops gotta go stir my potatoes and check the chicken!

Take time to rest today,
Jenny

No comments: